Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ebb and Flow...

 Philippians 4 : 6-7
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.



I find myself feeling a bit lonely and lost tonight. Murray has been blessed with a steady job working overnights at a Valero convenience store in town. Although it is a great answer to prayer, Murray and I had always set aside time to be together after the kids have gone to bed. To talk, cuddle, or watch a movie, something just to spend quiet time to connect and wind down from the day. But with him now working nights, that has had to change.

Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful for the job and all, it is just a really hard adjustment for me after all this time, having gotten back on track with our marriage, we coveted that time fiercely. Now it feels like we will never have time for "us" again with the current schedule. I know this is Satan talking, and that the Lord will truly provide time for us... it is just part of the transition into yet another change.

I can't believe the ebb and flow of life for us recently. The past three years has been a time of one trial after another. Each one with it's own set of obstacles and difficulties. Each time yet another insurmountable mountain rises into our path, I try so hard to see past it and see how God is going to work it through. Sometimes, it is so hard to see just the next step in the journey. It feels like we are at the edge of a precipice that we can't see, with one foot on firm ground and the other in mid air, with nothing to set it down on until we place our foot down to find one stepping stone after another.

For the past six months, the Lord has blessed us immeasurably... Oh the greatness of HIS presence!

I have to admit, I have felt the pull to write, to tell our story, and share what the Lord has done, and is in the process of doing through our little family. I have prayed and prayed that if HE wants me to do this, that I would have the quiet time and inspiration to do this. I guess HE has answered in HIS own perfect way, once again. So even through my loneliness and yearning for my husband's presence, I can honestly say that even in this change and testing time, I can see the Lord's hand as HE continues to work in us. Not only that, but it brings me closest to my God, as I must rely on HIS presence then that of my husband. This time of testing draws me to my knees, seeking HIM that much more. Thank you FATHER for using the difficult times to draw us even closer!

And to those of you who may reading this, Know that in the loneliness, in the quiet, SOMEONE is calling to you, to call upon HIM, to drink in HIS presence to fight back the darkness, and bring HIS light into your life! Our God is mighty, and what HE allows will make us that much stronger! It doesn't mean life will be easy, but it does mean that you will always have HIM there at all times, through the most difficult times in your lives! All you have to do is seek HIM!

My prayer tonight, is that the Lord Blesses each of you, and that you will feel HIS all-encompassing peace this night! May you all find rest and encouragement. Sleep well, and may the new day be bright and full of promise! In Jesus Name! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment